[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [@..@] ?)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu May 25 14:23:52 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 01:45:47PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Another way of doing it is to define a local css class in pub/css/local.css:
>
>     .pre { font-family:monospace; white-space:pre; }
> and then do
>
>     >>pre<<
>     $ run this command

Hm.  This was exactly what I wanted.  I speak an hour yesterday reading
through the docs trying to find this kind of syntax.  I kept finding
cookbook entries for stuff that should be simple.  Why is this page in the
SandBox and not in the real docs?

Anyway, I'll keep looking but what I'm really looking for is a simple way
to define a span.  Something like this

Define a local css class in pub/css/local.css:
    .example { font-family:monospace; white-space:pre; bgcolor:white; }

>>example<<
text
>><<

Which would hopefully give me