[pmwiki-users] Upload configuration

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 25 00:24:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:08:19PM +1000, Chris Ellis wrote:

>    My local IIS server allows browsing to the uploads directory, a page with
>    an attached image will display the image I have manually placed there. I
>    have done my best to configure the upload function according to pmwiki
>    upload admin guide.
>
>    When the upload form comes up it will prompt for a password (which I've
>    tried as `go' and `'). Once the upload form has loaded I can browse for
>    the file etc. The upload action brings up a password form again, which
>    when authorised returns to the upload form and reports that no file was
>    uploaded. The manually placed file appears in a list of files already
>    uploaded?

Sounds like a problem with the PHP configuration not handling
sessions (and thus passwords) properly.  This is common with
Windows; PHP's default paths for saving session data aren't
always initialized properly.

Try adding a line like the following into your local/config.php
file:

    session_save_path('/tmp');

(It's okay to choose some other directory as an appropriate
place to save PHP session files.)

After making this change, see if you are able to upload files.
If that's not it, then we'll look at something else.

Also, if you happen to know -- what version of PHP are you
running?