[pmwiki-users] clue me in -- remove group name from pagelist?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 24 13:53:19 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 10:38:17AM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 05:25:26PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> > Take a look at the formats listed on Site/PageListTemplates
> > and choose a format
> > that does not generate a link to the group, i.e., #simple
>
> Simple creates entries like this:
> 	Category.category1
> 	Category.category2
>
> I want *just* the names in category.
>
> > Note, you can create your own formats on your site by adding
> >them to that page (on your site).
>
> Ugh.  I really hate doing this, because it means merging things with each
> and every upgrade.

Not at all -- just put the format in a page other than
Site.PageListTemplates.  For example, you can create
Site.LocalTemplates with

    [[#byname]]
    * [[{=$FullName}|{=$Name}]]
    [[#bynameend]]

and then in your (:pagelist:) you can do

    (:pagelist ... fmt=Site.LocalTemplates#byname:)

The Site.LocalTemplates page won't conflict with an upgrade.

It's even possible to put the template in the same page
as the (:pagelist:) command itself:

    >>comment<<
    [[#byname]]
    * [[{=$FullName}|{=$Name}]]