[pmwiki-users] InterMap format

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue May 23 02:51:56 CDT 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 07:54:40PM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>> I'm just testing the new 2.1.5 version (I am running 2.0.13 in
>> production) and have found an incompatibility with InterMap formats:
>> [...]
>
> You're correct, hyphens were left out of the InterMap pattern,
> and there really isn't any reason they need to be.  So, I'll restore
> them for 2.1.6 (coming soon).

Sort of related...

I've been working on a new version of (:attachlist:) and I'm starting to
feel pleased about it. It basically lets you write something like this:

 	(:attachlist prefix:path :)

and returns a listing from the corresponding *local* place. Right now the
admin has to specify the local path as an entry in a global array, but
it'd be much nicer if this could instead be specified via Site.InterMap.
For instance, what if we could write something like this in Site.InterMap

 	prefix:	http://you.org/uploads	/srv/www/uploads

or perhaps

 	prefix:	http://you.org/uploads	localpath=/srv/www/uploads

The local path option should then be available through some global array.

You can check it out here:
 	http://wiki.lyx.org/TestList/TestList	- the general directive
 	http://wiki.lyx.org/TestList/TestPrefix	- the prefix-version

/Christian

PS. I'm aware that some security has to be added here. Arbitrary local
paths shouldn't be allowed for instance. And even the use of local paths
should be disabled by default.

PPS. I have a feeling the development of this new directive is going to be
quite iterative for a while, so I'd prefer to be able to work with it via
some kind of version control system. Do you have any ideas on this?
Would you for instance consider hosting a separate repository at
pmwiki.org for cookbook repositories, or should I set up one somewhere
else myself?