[pmwiki-users] InterMap format

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Mon May 22 18:54:40 CDT 2006

I'm just testing the new 2.1.5 version (I am running 2.0.13 in
production) and have found an incompatibility with InterMap formats:

I have a wiki farm, and use about 80 intermap entries to define
repositories for various resources (images, wiki pages, html pages, pdf
documents, and the like), in the form

SomeFarmFieldName-RepositoryName:repositorypath

For example:

Playground-Photos:        /play/photos/

(I have added the colon in farmmap.txt as per the latest convention,
though this seems to be optional).

Note the hyphen between "Playground" and "Photos".

In the wikitext my authors do:

Playground-Photos:myphoto.jpg

I used this structure because it seemed compatible with wiki page naming
conventions.

Now, using the PHP print_r() function, it appears that InterMap entries
with the embedded hyphen are not finding their way into the $IMap array
(and indeed the full intermap names in the wiki text are not being
parsed), which is to say the intermap entries and usages with embedded
hyphens are being ignored.

Therefore most references to internal resources in my wiki pages are
failing.

This is very bad for me, as I have hundreds of wiki pages created by
many authors that use these intermap repository names in their wiki markup.

So the questions:

1. Am I dreaming? Am I missing something?

2. If not, why are embedded hyphens being disallowed now?

3. Is there some legitimate configuration way of allowing them?

Any advice?

Thanks,

- Henrik

--