[pmwiki-users] sessionauth problem - switching servers

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:41:43 CDT 2006

You always go to the offending line and put (array) in front of the
offending variable. The (array) markup casts that variable as an array
regardless of its type. So, if you had a single string, then it would
create an array with that string being its only element.

I find I have to do this quite often to ensure loops loop, and I tend
to think of it as good error handling.

In the alternative, it may be that the array is not being created
properly because of a problem with the server.

However, if you add the (array) before all so offending variables,
then at least you could see if you have a living, beating PmWiki at
the end. It may cause some future pain for upgrading, but at least
you'd be operational.

On 5/22/06, Constantin Basturea <cbasturea at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like my host switched from PHP4 to PHP 5.1.4. and that's what's
> causing the problems (detailed below). Any ideas how to fix it?
>
> I tried to upload a php.ini in the wiki's home directory, with the
> following content:
>
> zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = 1
>
> ... but it's not working :(
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:18:38 +0300
> From: "Constantin Basturea" <cbasturea at gmail.com>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] sessionauth problem - switching servers
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> My host just switch servers, and now -as a result- I'm getting the following
> error message when I try to edit a page:
>
> *Warning*: array_merge()
> [function.array-merge<http://www.thenewpr.com/wiki/function.array-merge>]:
> Argument #2 is not an array in */thenewpr.com/wiki/scripts/sessionauth.php
> * on line *34*
>
> *Warning*: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in *
> /thenewpr.com/wiki/scripts/sessionauth.php* on line *34*
>
> *Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /thenewpr.com/wiki/scripts/sessionauth.php:34) in *
> /thenewpr.com/wiki/pmwiki.php* on line *404*
> *Password required*
>
> The site is www.thenewpr.com and is running pmwiki-1.0.13. (It has an
> edit password in order to prevent spam.)
>
> I would appreciate any suggestion on what should I do to get this solved.
>
> Thank you,
> Constantin

Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"