[pmwiki-users] useraccess.php cookbook module (new)

Nick Thompson nickthompson at agere.com
Mon May 22 04:59:33 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Fancy a laugh at my PHP scripting skills and my nearly one week old
experience with pmwiki? Please find attached a cookbook recipe for
helping with an apache authenticated, pmwiki authorized user scheme.

Details in the header, but a quick description: For sites where ALL
users are authenticated (via apache auth modules say), this module
uses the user name to key into a permissions file, giving users
specific permissions to none, admin, read, edit or attr a page. In
this version page attribute passwords are also checked, so individual
pages may still be locked down.

I use this with apache mod_auth_kerb module to authenticate against a
windows domain from a Linux web server. It seems to work well for me,
but suggestions are very welcome. It has no obvious support for
groups (not sure it needs it...?) since I have not looked into or
understood groups yet.

Thanks to James McDuffie for UserAuth (not AuthUser) from which this
cookbook draws heavily.

Regards,