[pmwiki-users] [OT] pmwiki trends

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat May 13 20:19:21 CDT 2006

I went to the ONLamp article that lists "popular" wiki.[1] I then
applied them to the Google Trends.[2] Compare this with PhpWiki and
UseMod.[3] When you look at the more popular of that group, you see a
fairly close behavior.[4]

[1]: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/11/04/which_wiki.html
[2]: http://tinyurl.com/hyozu (showing mediawiki, pmwiki, twiki,
kwiki, moinmoin)
[3]: http://www.google.com/trends?q=PhpWiki%2Cpmwiki%2CUseMod
[4]: http://www.google.com/trends?q=PhpWiki%2Cpmwiki%2Cmediawiki%2Ctwiki

On 5/13/06, J. Meijer <commentgg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Google Trends is up and running and I thought about of testing it with
> pmwiki.
>
> Attached you find the graph comparing interest in searching for mediawiki
> and pmwiki, with mediawiki growing at about the same rate as wikis in
> general.
>
> Pmwiki however, and very much contrary to my expectations, has significant
> volume but interest is otherwise quite stable over time.
>
> It also seems Germany likes wikis, with pmwiki having its largest following
> there.
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=mediawiki%2Cpmwiki&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
>
> jm

Ben Wilson