[pmwiki-users] best practice

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Tue May 9 04:05:18 CDT 2006

Hi all.
I want to create a cookbook to keep track of internal documents. The ideal
toponomy of internal documents should be of the form yyyy-nnn where yyyy is
the year in wich the document is issued, and nnn is a counter. Also, in an
ideal world, nnn should be set by the system. Now, since I've seen a lot of
code in cookbooks to retrieve the current year and provided that a wiki group
would be created ( say for example InternalDoc ) , what would be the best
practice in order to keep track of the next available document number ?
I was thinking of a group page ( maybe InternalDoc:InternalDoc ? ) where to
initialize a variable ( $LastDocNumber ), but I am stuck as of the
initialization  ( getting the last doc number when the web-server is
started ... ) .

Do you have any suggestion/ better approach ?

TIA

Marco

--
You will be honored for contributing your time and skill to a worthy cause.