[pmwiki-users] What the @!$&? is that?

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat May 6 13:55:13 CDT 2006

Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Pico schrieb:
> That's an excellent idea...
Thanks

> Instead of explaining the markup in the MarkupCharacters (and
> duplicating all the explanations elsewhere), we should insert links to
> the pages that explain the markup. The MarkupCharacters page would then
> really be just an index, nothing more. (Maybe rename the page to
> MarkupIndex?)

Yes.  I was thinking along the lines of MarkupMasterIndex and the
suggestions in DocumentationGuidelines-Comments

I think there are only three things we really need
(1) the character, e.g. *,
(2) written name(s), e.g. "asterisk" (for searching) and
(3) links to documentation

That said, when a character has more than one use, and more than one
link, we need identify the useage to distinguish the documentation
links.  In the end, it might be helpful to just supply a bare example
for character.

One more qualifier: For now we should feel free to add temporary
comments and explanations to each other, perhaps in a different color,
with the idea that someone will come along and followup and eliminate
the comment when done.

For example, if Bram thinks there is no documentation for the [[Link|+]]
autotitle but he can start to explain it, he should do so in a styled
comment so that someone else can followup and add it to the
documentation and provide a link (or Bram could do that from the outset).

Pico