[pmwiki-users] Best installation choices for PmWiki on Win2000 with IIS5?

Hartl, Bob hartl.r at ghc.org
Wed May 3 21:02:11 CDT 2006

Joachim and Neil, thanks for your replies and advice.  You convinced me
to avoid FastCGI, at least until it becomes a more mature product.

My experience is with Windows/IIS, so today I initially implemented PHP
4.4.2 using ISAPI.  So far so good.  (CGI is too inefficient I think for
the server that I plan to install PMWiki/PHP on.)  Within IIS, I will
'isolate' the PMWiki app in its own process, given that PHP/ISAPI might
be unstable.  But perhaps the potential instability depends on the
PMWiki PHP scripts -- and possibly PMWiki might do well with PHP/ISAPI.
We'll see.  If there are problems, I'll try another solution.

Thanks for your help.
R. Hartl