[pmwiki-users] How to control vspace per page or markup section

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 15:31:15 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 07:20:24PM +1200, Allister Jenks wrote:
>    On 3/29/06, I <arj at zkarj.co.nz> wrote:
>
>      I had the sudden epihany of >>float=right<< but that puts the list down
>      the right margin, then while writing this sentence (even!) figured the
>      solution!  Doh!
>
>      >>float=left<<
>
>    And don't you hate it even more when the solution is flawed?
>
>    The trouble is, if I use >>bottom-margin=0.5em<< within the text (to
>    control the linespacing) then the >>float=left<< on the text is useless
>    because the >><< markup does not nest!  Aaaarrgh!
>
>    How can I do this????

There's probably a way to do it using %bottom-margin=0.5em% instead
of >>bottom-margin=0.5em<<, but I can't come up with an answer off
the top of my head.

If we had a "paragraph markup" in place, it would be something like:

    >>float=left<<
    P: %p bottom-margin=0.5em% The first paragraph stuff
    P: %p bottom-margin=0.5em% The second paragraph, with 0.5em
    between the two paragraphs
    P: %p bottom-margin=0.5em% The third paragraph, again with 0.5em.

...but I've forgotten the latest status of the markup to use for
marking paragraphs (and thus PmWiki doesn't have a paragraph
markup yet).