[pmwiki-users] Farm, user access, and clean URLs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 15:25:51 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:12:31PM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> My plan on our new server (linux, mod_php) is to use a wiki farm
> setup. I'd like users to have access to relevant files via FTP to
> customize. Should I just make their whole field directory available
> through their FTP account or should I limit to a few directories (and
> which ones).

I'd just have the users create field directories as subdirectories
within their home directories (e.g., within $HOME/public_html).

But to answer your question: I think it's okay to let them have
access to the entire field directory.

> Second, how does the farm configuration affect clean URLs- do I have
> to do something special for them?

It's likely that each field would need its own clean url configuration.