[pmwiki-users] Blocklist2 bug (was: Re: Blocklist2 ignoring EnableWhyBlocked)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 28 21:46:14 CST 2006

At 2006-03-28  10:13 PM -0500, David Spitzley is rumored to have said:
>In the aftermath of a recent spam attack, I've got Blocklist2
>running on my wiki.  For some reason, though, it appears that
>setting EnableWhyBlocked =1 is not resulting in my receiving
>whatever explanations I'm supposed to be getting; I just get shunted
>back to the edit screen with no explanation if I attempt to use one
>of the verboten terms.  What should the explanations look like, and
>where are they supposed to appear on the edit screen.  Are they skin dependent?

I think the problem is in the Blocklist2 script due to a change in PmWiki:

Version 2.0.beta44 (10-Jul-2005)
     * Changed $EditMessageFmt to $MessagesFmt array, added
(:messages:) markup.

This requires a change to the script that is beyond my capabilities.
Any takers? Please?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/