[pmwiki-users] How to control vspace per page or markup section

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Tue Mar 28 14:40:52 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 3/28/06, Allister Jenks <arj at zkarj.co.nz> wrote:
> > My trouble is if I leave the blank lines in there, I get a full size
> line of
> > space, but if I take them out I get nothing.
> >
> > I want something in between.  On every other page it is not an issue, so
> > need a way of controlling it on this page alone.
> >
> !!!Heading
> >>margin-bottom=0.5em<<
> Content 1\\
> [-Type 1-]
> >>margin-bottom=0.5em<<
> [...]
> [-Type 3-]
> >><<

Thanks Hagan.  That had the desired effect.  Unfortunately it could lead to
another problem.

On the same page I have a %lfloat% image and the list should flow down the
right side of the image.  It now does this perfectly because the list is
short enough (without the vspace paras) that it does not extend beyond the
bottom of the image.  If it does, however, then the text flows back to the
left margin.

I've tried to float a DIV to the right of the image, containing the list,
but I can't get anything to work.  My original work around (with the long
version of the list) was to put the image and list in a table, but of course
that doesn't work when I use DIVs to effect the linespacing!

Of course I am in danger of this wrapping as soon as someone alters their
default font size.  Is it possible to float a DIV to the right of a left
floated image?  Or should it be done differently somehow?

--
Allister