[pmwiki-users] Odd phenom/apparent bug? on pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 25 14:52:50 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 08:05:33AM -0600, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>    If you go to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions, you'll
>    see its title appears to be "Abbreviation Plurals".  I could find no
>    (:title:) setting for the page, but I did find that a reference to the
>    actual page Cookbook/AbbreviationPlurals is the first item in the
>    (:pagelist:) example that Christian Ridderstrom put at the very foot of
>    the page.
>
>    No doubt this is the source of the page-title, but how, and what to do?

This is a known (mis)feature; the (:title:) directive from
included pages can inadvertently override or become a title for
the page that includes it.  Some people have indicated that they
want to be able to specify (:title:) in includes, and even if this
weren't the case I'm not sure that I know of a reliable workaround
for the behavior, short of hardcoding something directly into pmwiki.php.