[pmwiki-users] Page with contents of a list

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 23 12:13:23 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 12:34:31PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> What I really wanted was an excerpt of the post -- first N words,
> first paragraph, that sort of thing.  I thought about asking Pm to
> make (:include:) not include markup that produces no visible output,
> but then I realized that this might break things in new and
> interesting ways.

This is roughly the direction I was going with the "excerpt"
attribute, so that it would be easy to grab and display excerpts
that would ignore markups, but I didn't like the way the first
attempt was going so I went back to the drawing board for it.

Essentially I'm thinking that pages should (optionally?) be able
to store the text of the page *after* being rendered into HTML,
possibly with many or all of the HTML tags stripped.  Then it
would be much easier to do things such as grab the first N words,
first N paragraphs, etc.  But I'm still struggling with some of the
details.