[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 22 12:53:13 CST 2006

Ahhh, yes, and then perhaps recommendations for webhosting companies
that offer the ideal setup for running PmWiki (for those who don't run
their own server).

On the other hand there are some things that could be suggested to
speed things up.  When I first set my wiki up, I simply included all
my recipes and custom markups in local/config.php and before I was
done it was loading quite slow (I had a bunch of them).  I realized
most of the recipes were only used here and there, and set up a bunch
of group/page specific config files, stripped my main config file down
to the bare minimum, and the speed went up immediately.

A simple tip perhaps, but a page to help those wanting to speed up
performance with a few such suggestions might be helpful.  I am
beginning to get the impression, wiki's are generally a bit slow
because of all the text processing done in them?

Caveman