[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Tue Mar 21 19:47:34 CST 2006

Hello,

Sometimes my website is unbearably slow. It will get that way for about
20 to 30 minutes at a time. If I spend all day working on my site, I'll
see this happen maybe 5 or 6 times during the day, sometimes more. When
it gets slow like that, it seems slower than being on dial-up. But then
other times it's quite fast, even when generating long pagelists. I know
it's not the server I'm on being overloaded, or my ISP - I have other
non-wiki pages that will load very quickly during these slow periods. I
also notice that pmwiki.org is the same way sometimes, it seems to come
and go.

My specific problem aside, I was thinking about a page on PmWiki.org
devoted to the issue of speed performance with PmWiki, since it's so
important to webmasters, and I couldn't find a page on the topic. I
don't know enough about the topic to really contribute anything to a
page like that myself, so I thought I'd bring it up here. What do you
think about having a page like that?

Phil