[pmwiki-users] Why doesn't this installation sequence work?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 21 16:37:37 CST 2006

On 3/21/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> This info used to be on page
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSecurity
> but it has been removed (or moved to somewhere else, where?),

Now it's here:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSecurity-OldVersion

> at this farm spring cleaning. I hope it will resurface again.
> I am a bit concerned that so much information has been taken out,
> and I have to look deep into page histories to find previous valuable
> info.

Other than the information about .htaccess (which I just added), what
valuable information is missing from the new page?

Farm security breaks down to

1) Disabling the home wiki.
2) Denying access to PmWiki's files.
3) Installing outside the document tree (which does both #1 and #2).

and that's about it, except maybe some discussion of a home wiki's
special status.  The main topics are covered fairly comprehensively in
the new document.  Did I miss something?

Hagan