[pmwiki-users] does farmmap.txt no longer work?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 20 10:38:59 CST 2006

At 2006-03-20  10:21 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > Would it make sense or be possible to make any character that appears
> > in a URL be legal as an intermap character?
>
>Hmm.  What do you mean by "legal URL character"?  All of the
>following are "legal" in urls (although some may have some
>special meaning attached to them):
>
>     / % & ? - * : . = + , ~
>
>So, you're proposing that we allow intermap links like...?
>
>     /my/path:
>     This&that:
>     50%rule:
>     *light*bright:
>     My.Inter.Map:

Hmmmm...  Not all of them. I guess what I meant in my imprecise way
was to allow characters that would normally appear in the domain
portion of a URL, which is what I usually use as a "hint" as to an
appropriate intermap name.

I would only use the hyphen and underscore (which you did not list),
but other admins may have a different view. All or none would be fine
with me as long as the the legal ones were listed on the intermap docs page.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668