[pmwiki-users] Robots, lofi, skin, SEO

Carlos AB carlos.ab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 08:02:02 CST 2006

Hi list,

How can I make web robots index pages of my site, using a specifically
designed skin for them. I saw this in some sites from Brazil, where
webmasters have a "hifi" version of the site for users and a specially
designed "lofi" (SE optmized, tableless design and so on) for the search
engines.

IMHO that would be nice because people making skins, would not have to
worry much about making tableless skins and also could share a higly SE
optmized "lofi" skin between all other skins, pretty much like the print
skin.

This idea could be extended to skins for mobiles... maybe.

So, is it a good idea or a bad one?

 It was already discussed before?

CarlosAB