[pmwiki-users] Request: Transparent PNGs in PmWiki

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Sat Mar 18 21:39:48 CST 2006

On 3/18/06, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:

> Note that it didn't work for me on IE - despite running on a Win 2000
> Pro that's been doing it regular updates, and with JS switched on.
> So whatever that page is doing, it's still too fragile to work well.

Can you please try
http://www.sittingduck.co.nz/pmwiki.php?n=Main.WikiSandbox and see if it
works?

If viewing with a non-IE-Windows browser, you should see a single image.
With a IE-Windows browser you'll see two.  The first image is the same one
others see and is just a simple Attach: of the transparent PNG.  The second
image is the recipe at work (the PmWiki version is not up to date so all the
markup in the recipe does not work).  Note on the first that the blue fades
to a mid grey with a sharp end where it meets the background at the bottom
of the image.  On the second image, the fade works correctly and there is no
strong line at the bottom edge of the image.

--
Allister