[pmwiki-users] wiki farm terminology

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sat Mar 18 11:05:01 CST 2006

At 2006-03-18  11:23 AM -0500, DaveG is rumored to have said:
>  > I would rather say "how to install PmWiki"
>I agree. Keep it clear, and keep it short. In my prior attempts at

Dave, Jo and Hans all make valid points. I think it might help to
have a wikifarm terminology docs page to:
* provide a place to find the preferred terminology with definitions
* explain where "farm" came from
* explain some of the dangers of using an agricultural analogy
* list the various terms such as "field" that still exist in the docs
and suggest alternate terms or phrases that are clear, short , and unambiguous

Unless someone else has a burning desire to create such a page, I
will start it and post back to the list when done the first draft.

In the interim, I would be more than happy to help doc writers
rephrase things on individual pages. Just ask. :-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668