[pmwiki-users] Concept, Task and Reference

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 09:47:29 CST 2006

Sorry, forgot to hit reply-all. Jayaram

-----Original Message-----
From: Bellave Jayaram [mailto:bellavejayaram at cox.net]
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 8:32 AM
To: 'Patrick R. Michaud'
Subject: RE: [pmwiki-users] Concept, Task and Reference

DITA is XML based and contains its own jargon which the average author would
not be interested in learning. However, because PmWiki supports many things
which come close to how DITA works, it is possible to apply some of DITAs
strengths for any documentation, especially if it can be organized in a
topic oriented way. What we might end up with ultimately is a poor man's
version of a collaborative DITA-like editor and CMS without actually having
to learn and purchase an expensive XML Editor and XML repository that
supports DITA.

Yes, I was concerned about duplicate information in many pages and yes, I
think a PmWiki-DITA group which is not included in default searches will
work.

Jayaram