[pmwiki-users] IE7beta problem with Gemini skin

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 17 09:40:45 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:38:39PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I received comments that the gemini skin does not work too well with
> the IE7beta browser release. I am not sure if I should be concerned or
> not, since it is still only a beta release. But please: if anyone can
> give me any hints as to what and possibly why breaks I would be
> grateful.

FWIW, here's what browsercam's IE7 grabber has:

    http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=237037

For this test I chose three pages -- the Cookbook.GeminiSkin (long page),
the Main.WikiSandbox (short page), and Main.TestPage (non-existent page).

> I am not able to do skin testing on IE7, since I don't want
> to face installing it on my slightly old Windows XP system. I fear an
> installation of IE7 will upset the system badly, and lead to
> irreversible changes.

I might be able to load IE7 into one of my virtual XP machines
for testing, but it'll likely be next week before I can do that.