[pmwiki-users] Request: Transparent PNGs in PmWiki

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Mar 17 00:18:44 CST 2006

Hi all,

Has anybody managed to implement the transparent PNG hack described here (
http://www.willhowat.com/knowledge/transparent_png.aspx) within PmWiki?  I'm
building a site on which I have a textured background and wish to use some
irregularly shaped images.

In my case, although the image is irregularly shaped, I am able to devote a
whole rectangle for it, so the 'background' method (which is simpler) may be
all I need.  Trouble is I just don't have the wherewithal to implement
something like this within PmWiki.  I thought about EnableHTML but that gets
messy when editing.  A new markup would be brilliant.

Any takers?

--
Allister

PS.  Additional descriptions of the technique are
http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/AlphaImageLoader.asp