[pmwiki-users] Wiki farm confusion

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 16 16:57:44 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Thus a WikiFarm doesn't contain fields, it should have "wikis".
> And we should probably end the analogy there.

Hear, hear.

Now, back to the question:

On 3/15/06, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> With that in mind, here's a question:
> Say I install a stand-alone wiki, then add a farmconfig.php (a.k.a. a
> global configuration file that maybe should be called
> globalconfig.php) and create two more wikis.  All three are wikis, and
> the two new ones are what we now would call "fields", but what is the
> original wiki?  How would you describe the difference between the two
> new wikis and the original?

Put another way

A _____________ is one of the wikis running in a WikiFarm, but not in
the directory where the software is installed.

A _____________ is a wiki in a farm that is located in the same
directory where the software is installed.

Those are from the current draft of my FarmSetupByExample document
with "field wiki" and "home wiki" replaced with underscores.

Hagan