[pmwiki-users] Another authuser question...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 06:45:23 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:12:15AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> While I'm thinking about it, is there any way to set a page so that a
> person can only edit it if their AuthId happens to match the page
> name?  ie, so I only could edit Profiles.Caveman, assuming my login
> name was Caveman.

At present, no, there's not really a way to do this.  PmWiki doesn't
really have a concept of "page ownership".

I suppose we could come up with a special identifier or group to
be put in the password field that means "AuthId same as page Name",
but I'm not sure what it should look like.

The only ideas I have at the moment, neither of which I like:

    @_name

    id:{$Name}

Using this last one might confuse people into thinking that page variables
work in passwords (which isn't the case).