[pmwiki-users] RFC: PITS 00701 -- WikiFarm confusion

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Wed Mar 15 15:41:26 CST 2006

I think we also need to separate Documentation into more groups than
currently exist. Could we please move all Farm and Field related
documentation to a different Group? Sure it relates to PmWiki so it belongs
in the PmWiki group but I think there should be a separation between basic
and advanced usage of PmWiki.

Most of the developer and administration documentation should be separated
from end user documentation. This is one of the frustrating things about the
present PmWiki site. The end user documentation should only contain the
basic concepts, simple tasks and references relating to authentication,
editing, groups, markups, searching, trails and publishing. I am willing to
bet that only about 10% (if that) of PmWiki users even care about Recipes
and how to configure things. Only if the question is still not answered with
that documentation would anyone need to refer to the numerous pages on
pmwiki.org that are only relevant to developers and admins.

Also, on the sidebar, I would like to see a PmWiki (Basic) and a PmWiki
(Advanced) menu and usage of the ExpandedMenus.

Just my 2 cents.

Jayaram