[pmwiki-users] Newpage with link

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 02:57:51 CST 2006

Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 2:00:20 PM, Francesco wrote:
> How can I change the template automatically every new insertion?
> Is it possible, or I have to operate in another way?

I can't see a way to have  a dynamic template.
You need a separate template for each customer, and insert into the
template a link or tag with the customer name or ID.
This insertion can't be done automatically using a page variable,
since the value will change when the actual page gets created. so the
value needs to be hard-coded on the template page. Therefore use not
just one template for all customers, but a unique one for each.
And you only need to do this once per customer, as you need to set up
a customer page once manually for each new customer.

On the other hand there may be very different ways of organising all
the pages. For instance not using a Serials group, but have the
purchase pages created in each customer group, and use pagelist to see
them all on one general Serials page.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best,
~Hans