[pmwiki-users] The New AuthUser

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:11:23 CST 2006

On 3/13/06, Anno <anno at shroomery.org> wrote:

> > ...which would allow
> > members to create their own accounts.  Is that available yet, and is
> > there any documentation for it?
> >...need to have my users create
> > their own accounts, and then be notified by email. Htpasswd is fine
> > for administration.
> > Second is there a simple way to limit edit privilieges on a page in
> > some group to when the user's $AuthId = $Name of page. (i.e., so
> > people can only edit their own profile page for example).
>

> You could accomplish this fairly easy by adding a forum to your site,
> and let the forum authentication and groups handle the permissions for
> the wiki.

Do you mean a forum like phpBB?  That's available from our hosting provider
at no extra charge, and it seems to me I've seen documentation on
authentication somewhere on PmWiki that I suspected might be describing how
forum authentication could be used for a PmWiki user-base, but the
information fairly whistled as it sailed high over my head.  Is this a
realistic, practical way to go?