[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Mon Mar 13 12:17:05 CST 2006

> > > Patrick
[snip]
> > So, for this to work, we need to add a FAQ section at the end of a
> > documentation page that begins with the following markup:
> >
> > And it will automatically be included in the FAQ page, which ends with
> > the following pagelist:
> >
> > (:pagelist trail=PmWiki.DocumentationIndex "[[#faq]]" fmt=#includefaq:)
> >
> > Does the new FAQ section have to be at the bottom of the page?
> >
> > It might not have to, if this pagelist include works like the regular
> > include markup: where the failure to specify an ending anchor causes
> > the include to stop at the next anchor it encounters.  If so, then the
> > FAQs would not have to appear at the very end, below the trail
> > navigation links, so long as another anchor appears at the end of the
> > FAQs (either to close out the FAQs section, or to mark the begining of
> > the next section).
> >
> > If the FAQ does not have to be at the bottom of the page below the trail
> > markup, then the issue is whether there is should be a suggested
> > standardized location.
> >
> > Pico
> >
> I just tried to test this (on the AccessKeys page) and couldn't get the
> results to show up in the FAQ page, even when I moved the new FAQ
> markup down to the end of the page .
>
> Is server caching preventing the immediaate update?

Ok, now I see...

The new pagelist template supplies specified starting and ending
anchors, which would have to be used if the FAQ is to be located
anywhere other thaan at the end of the page.

(:include {=$FullName}#faq#faqend:)

If we omit the ending anchor from the include statement on the template,
then it will default to continuing until the next anchor, which could be
#faqend, or any other anchor.

As for my problems testing this, I was using the AccessKeys page, which
doesn't have a trail markup (because it hasn't been added to the
documentation index page)?

Pico