[pmwiki-users] Lost Edits

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 13 09:08:03 CST 2006

At 2006-03-13  08:49 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > I can't think of any reason to have those menus available.
>
>Actually, I use the action menus on the edit page all the time.
>Sometimes I'll be in the middle of an edit and want to see the
>currently stored version of the page (i.e., before my edits), so
>I hold down the shift key and click "view" and the original page
>comes up in a new window.  Same goes for page history.

You would have a tough time on my wikis, because none of them have
"view" buttons.  ;-)

If I want to see the original page, I right-click on the title link
(which is active in Gemini) and open it in a new tab (using Firefox).

It really boils down to personal (or admin) preferences and I think
it is just a matter of choosing a skin (or modifying one) so that it
does what you want. In my case, my users are very fickle, and if they
lose an edit because they clicked on a link, they will blame the wiki
and call it "unreliable". To lessen the chances or finger problems, I
would like to suppress the top and bottom menus on the edit screen.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668