[pmwiki-users] (german) install. problem: SideBar-Handling
apollo13 at freenet.de
Sun Mar 12 16:53:25 CST 2006
as a "new-to-pmwiki" user i am trying a (german) internationalisation,
steps as follows:
- blank standard (english) install
- copy all i18n/wikilib.d/PmWikiDe.* into wikilib.d
- in config.php, at the end add line:
- i edited the default sidebar 'Site.SideBar' and "translated" links as follows:
e.g.: [[PmWiki/PmWiki]] into [[PmWikiDe/PmWikiDe]]
After saving, click on [[PmWikiDe/PmWikiDe]] switches from the
previous (default) sidebar 'Site.SideBar' to (the contents of) 'PmWikiDe.SideBar' ...
In PmWikiDe.SideBar i edited and changed:
(:include Main/SideBar:) into (:include Site/SideBar:)
(which in turn then results to the same
as on http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiDe/PmWikiDe)
(1) Should "the sidebar" not always/ever belong to group 'Site' ?
(2) Which file/module/setting initiates the switching of the SideBar-group ?
(3) Generally: what is the recommended concept behind providing pmwiki-Menus/SideBars?
Should every group have his own SideBar-page (danger of recursion?)
or 1 SideBar-page for all groups?
Thanx in advance,
PS: i personally would prefer deep/nested groups (up to a practical depth/TOC-level of say 4)
associated with 1 tree-menu (dynamically reflecting all saved member-pages of her groups)
- but i saw some comments/cookbook-recipes on this already formerly discussed issues ...
More information about the pmwiki-users