[pmwiki-users] Thumbnail Auto-size by Height

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 11 17:37:55 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:47:12PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Could it be possible, in a recipe or better yet in the core, to auto
> size thumbnails by height as well as by width?  Right now it's
>
> %thumb%Attach:foo.img Width is 100px, height is proportional
> %thumb width=NNN%Attach:foo.img Width is NNNpx, height is proportional
> %thumb height=NNN%Attach:foo.img Width is 100px, height is NNNpx.

Don't use %thumb% in that case.

    %height=100px% Attach:foo.img    height is 100px, width is proportional

Or redefine %thumb% -- by default %thumb% is just a shortcut
for %width=100px%.

> I know from image-gallery-script experience that people like to have
> rows of thumbnails with varying aspect ratios that all have the same
> height.  I'm looking for a simple way for authors to make that happen.

%height=100px% is the answer.  Either that or we can redefine
%thumb% to be based on height instead of width (I borrowed
wikipedia's default when I defined %thumb%).  Or we can define
%height=NNN% under a different style name that has a similar
meaning to %thumb% applied to a row of images.