[pmwiki-users] Setting Skins for Individual Groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 11 07:34:33 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:32:54AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> # Add a (:skin skinname:) markup
> Markup('skin', 'fulltext',
>   '/\\(:skin\\s+([-\\w]+)\\s*:\\)/e',
>   "PZZ(SetSkin(\$pagename,'$1'))");

Two more issues we should definitely think about:

- Currently SetSkin() aborts processing altogether if the requested
  skin does not exist.  This means that someone entering
  (:skin badskinname:) effectively blocks the page from being
  displayed at all.  We would probably need to change things so
  that an invalid skin request simply has no effect (which
  would make it slightly more difficult to troubleshoot situations
  where setting $Skin doesn't seem to be having an effect).

- The (:skin:) directive won't affect page editing; i.e.,
  if someone edits a page containing the (:skin:) directive, they'll
  see the page's default skin.  However, pressing "Preview"
  would cause the skin to be loaded, and then the edit page
  *would* appear with the new skin, which could confuse authors.
  I'm not sure how important this is, or what a good solution would
  be.  It may be that the site will want a special EditFunction
  that checks the markup text for a (:skin:) directive and
  processes it.