[pmwiki-users] Setting Skins for Individual Groups

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 03:32:54 CST 2006

Saturday, March 11, 2006, 9:18:54 AM, Philip wrote:
> Anyway, here's what I'm trying to do: I'd like it so that an individual
> group, or an individual page, can have it's own unique skin. I'd prefer
> not to use cookies (unless I have to), and I especially don't want to
> have to use actions, like ?setskin="" or ?skin="" (or anything that
> changes the pages URL). And, finally, I'd need it so that a "non-admin"
> user can set the skin for that particular group or page.

> On pmwiki.org's Cookbook.Skins page, each individual page has a
> different skin. That's exactly what I want to be able to do. I looked
> in the pages wiki markup, and couldn't see how it was done. Is that
> something that only an administrator can set up?

On pmwiki.org the skins for individual pages are set by the admin.
To set a skin from the wiki page itself you can add markup by ading to
config.php:

# Add a (:skin skinname:) markup
Markup('skin', 'fulltext',
  "PZZ(SetSkin(\$pagename,'$1'))");

Then you can use in a page (for the page) or in a group's GroupHeader
(for the group) markup like (:skin EasySkin:) to set the skin to
EasySkin.

Best,
~Hans