[pmwiki-users] Wordpress Import
lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Mar 10 04:03:49 CST 2006
> I'm working on moving my own wordpress installation into PmWiki, and
> along the lines of our recent discussions on blogging with PmWiki,
> I've decided to take a different approach - rather than naming the
> posts by date, I'm instead going to just place the posts in wiki pages
> with normal titles; so like a post about library catalog lookup
I hadn't thought of using the page creation time. That sounds like a
good way of doing it.
I have made some progress. I have now decided to use xml as the
export/import medium. I have got a very alpha setup working. The main
problem I am facing is the body text.
Initially, I had embedded the body in CDATA tags. However, if I try to
process the data using xml_parse the parser ignores the data inside the
CDATA tags, which I imagine is the correct behaviour.
My second approach is to try and convert the body text into valid xml
and not use CDATA. I have bodged this by escaping characters using
preg_replace. This works on my data, but will obviously fall over if
someone else's data has characters I didn't include in my preg_replace.
What I really need is some sort of gerneral function that will take a
lump of text and escape any invalid characters. I am sure that one must
exist, but as a php novice I can't come up with the right combination of
keywords in my search:)
More information about the pmwiki-users