[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 14:40:48 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:30:39PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Yes, but I'm beginning to dislike the inconsistency.  My
> suggestion is to start formatting things in the way that will
> work best *for authors*, and then we'll adjust the [@...@]
> markup to make it look right in skins.

BTW, I should also mention that having thought about it some
more overnight, I think it's fine if the documentation pages
use [@...@] over leading spaces to do preformatted text sections.

Even after introducing [@...@], we still get the occasional question
about "how do I created a preformatted text block", and there
are still people responding with the space+[=...=] mechanism
as being the way to do it.  So, if the documentation uses [@...@]
more frequently, perhaps it'll be more likely that others will
standardize on it as well.

(One downside of [@...@] over initial spaces is that $Variables
in a [@...@] won't link to their corresponding documentation
page.)