[pmwiki-users] New Edit password Using read pasword ??

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 11:31:06 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:27:41PM +0100, OBUTEX / Hladůvka wrote:
> 1) PmWiki 2.1.beta37 changed my Site, Group ... attributes settings
> unintentionaly
> to (I guess) unwanted values .
> - New Edit password Using read pasword
> - New  password for attr setting Using read pasword
>
> 2) I erased  .htpasswd file and removed in local/config.php the user names
> and left the users and encrypted passwords in Site/AuthUser.
> I was not able to login at all .
>
> After rollback and leaving only admin pwd in local/config.php it was OK.
> But log in as another user failed (it didnot work before anyway)

Okay, maybe we should start from scratch.  The admin password
is working for you, which is good.

 -  Do you have the following line near the top of your local/config.php
    file?

        include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

 -  When viewing the Site.AuthUser page, does it say that AuthUser is
    enabled?

  - How do you want things to be protected; i.e., what
    access controls are you trying to set (and where?)