[pmwiki-users] Farms disable my passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 8 21:41:20 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:09:40PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> Thanks to all those who made suggestions for my farm.  It is now
> working beautifully, errr, almost.  My password file doesn't seem to
> be working.  My thought was to create a single central password file
> for several sites (fields).  So, I put .htpasswd in the farm/local
> directory.
>
> In my config.php script (found in field/local), I have the following
> lines edited so:
>
> $AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'localhost/pmwiki/farm/local/.htpasswd';
> $HtpasswdFile = 'localhost/pmwiki/farm/local/.htpasswd';

Every field runs from its own directory, thus the paths to
the .htpasswd file need to either be absolute paths (i.e., starting
at the filesystem root) or be specified as relative to the field's
directory.

Note that the settings for the password files are filesystem
paths, not urls (it's easy to get those confused).