[pmwiki-users] EditGettingStarted (was: TextFormattingRules and BasicEditing)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 7 21:37:49 CST 2006

At 2006-03-08  04:20 PM +1300, John Rankin is rumored to have said:
>What
>it has highlighted for me is the central wiki concept of
>"start of line markup". What I had called "Paragraphs" is "text
>that has a special character at the start of the line". I think
>that's a key idea we should communicate in Getting Started.
>
>Have another look at the reworked version.
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditGettingStarted

This is a great improvement. Since the "bigger" example appeared just
a few lines before a whole bunch of character markup examples,
I  removed it for brevity. I also reordered the words at the end of
the opening para.

I have a very wide screen, and the character markup table is almost
unusable because the left and right columns are so wide. Not sure how
to fix it.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/