[pmwiki-users] EditGettingStarted (was: TextFormattingRules and BasicEditing)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 17:32:56 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:14:42PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> Based on the various comments, I had a go at this on
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditGettingStarted
>
> The aim is a short introduction to wiki markup.
>
> I haven't attempted to align it with the MarkupMasterIndex --
> there are some terminological inconsistencies, especially around
> paragraph versus list versus block.

FWIW, I also don't like the term "block" and "inline" when referring
to markup at a beginning level.  I much prefer terms that
non-HTML-aware authors would use, not the terms that HTML authors
are used to.

I think the EditGettingStarted page itself looks great, although
I'm not sure about the name.  I don't have a good alternative at the
moment.