[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 15:50:15 CST 2006

Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 9:06:08 PM, H. wrote:
> I don't, necessarily.  :-)   Some guesses...

> Vitality: Answers "How vital is this?  Is it essential or just fluff?"

> Rating: Answers "How would would you rate this?"

> Popularity: Answers "How frequently has this been downloaded or its
> page visited?

I looked it up:

Every registered user of freshmeat may rate a project featured

Rating is calculated like this:
weighted rank (WR) = (v ÷ (v+m)) × R + (m ÷ (v+m)) × C

where:
  R = average for the project (mean) = (Rating)
  v = number of votes for the project = (votes)
  m = minimum votes required to be listed in the top 20 (currently 20)
  C = the mean vote across the whole report

The vitality score for a project is calculated like this:
(announcements * age) / (time since last_announcement)
[announcements of releases]

Popularity is calculated as
((record hits + URL hits) * (subscriptions + 1))^(1/2)

Can this be useful?

Best,
~Hans