[pmwiki-users] Stand Alone Mode

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 09:59:35 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:48:28AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> Hi all.  I'm making great progress on my site, and I very much
> appreciate all the help from the group. Hope to return the favor to
> others when I am better able. Great software. Great support.
>
> Currently, I'm trying to get my Wiki running in standalone mode on my
> jump drive.  Downloaded the server software, extracted it inside my
> pmwiki directory in a directory called "server", ran the
> pmwikiserv.bat and was notified the server was started and ready for
> request.
>
> Step four, I typed http://localhost/wiki into my browser as instructed
> and then again http://localhost/wiki/pmwiki.php and both times got a
> "No input file specified."

The correct url is http://localhost/wiki -- nothing else will work
with the standalone server.  If it's giving "no input file specified"
then PHP is having trouble finding the pmwiki.php file to be executed.
Was it perhaps renamed?

I have an updated version of standalone that I need to put in the
cookbook -- I'll try to do that sometime today.