[pmwiki-users] Conditional Redirect

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 20:16:43 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 08:00:07PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> While I am asking questions, let me clarify an earlier question I
> asked.  I tried the following line, but it seems to automatically
> redirect no matter what.  I can action=logout and then go to this page
> the very next click, and it lets me in with a username = "".  It's
> supposed to display the login page if not logged in...
>
> (:if authid :)(:redirect Members.Members:)(:if:)

This is a known (mis)feature; (:redirect:) markups are always processed
regardless of conditional markup.  There was a thread of messages
about it back in December, but the bottom line at the moment
is that if (:redirect:) is handled as a normal markup then it
can cause problems if it appears in a sidebar or other included
page other than the main one.  And there are sites that
depend on the existing behavior of (:redirect:), which have to
be handled as well.

I'm working on a solution, but it's not as straightforward as it
might otherwise seem.