[pmwiki-users] New AuthUser documentation, review/suggestions needed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 18:14:16 CST 2006

I've made a start on new AuthUser documentation on pmwiki.org, and
would really appreciate any comments or suggested improvements
(especially from people who are actually using or thinking of
using AuthUser, of which I'm not one :-).

The new page is at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser ,
and borrows from a number of different sources.  I've tried to
organize it so that a new administrator that wants identity-based
authorizations can get it running as quickly as possible, thus
the general outline is

   - enabling authuser.php
   - adding login accounts
   - restricting pages to specific login accounts
   - authorization groups
   - login accounts from external sources
   - setting author variable

I'm sure we'll have more to add on this topic, either to this page
or to cookbook recipes.  However, I think that getting the
PmWiki.AuthUser page in a reasonable form is the last major hurdle
to the 2.1.0 release, so any help that other can provide here
will be a bit step.

(Other pages in the PmWiki documentation also need updating, but
PmWiki.AuthUser is the most critical.)

And since I know it will be asked -- yes, I'm still designing features
so that visitors can self-register to create accounts and change passwords,
but those will likely come as cookbook recipes or extensions in the 2.1.x
series, instead of the 2.1.0 release itself.

Thanks in advance,