[pmwiki-users] Burnt! Simultaneous edit lost :-(

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Mar 5 13:15:39 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> Computing (and displaying) a page's edit history only requires "diff".
> Merging two separate branches of edits together requires "diff3".

OK. Then I'm guilty of being too terse - wherever I wrote "diff" within
this thread, I actually meant "diff3".

I.e. I think that if PmWiki doesn't find a usable diff3 in a
simultaneous-edit situation, it should:
* display the current user's edits just as with ?action=source (new
idea: use diff to highlight changes)
* display the other user's edits in the textarea
* let the user copy&paste his changes into the textarea.

You'd prefer it the other way round (current-user edits in the textarea,
other user's edits as in ?action=source). I think arguments can be made
for and against both approaches, but either way it would be better than
the current situation (which is, if I understood the starting point of
this thread correctly, that PmWiki will lose the changes).

Regards,
Jo