[pmwiki-users] WikiWords and Google

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 17:51:39 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 04:20:37PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 3/4/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > And I'm not sure I buy the argument that CamelCaseWords will cause
> > the search engines to rank things "incorrectly"
>
> Does this mean you don't think it makes any difference if the HTML
> <title> and H1 heading are wikiwords or not?  If it does, let me make
> the argument you don't buy...

No, I'm not saying it doesn't make any difference.  I'm simply
saying that other factors (such as good content and rich linking)
can matter more.  And the original question was focused more
on the use of WikiWord versus [[wiki word]] links in the text, which
(at least for PmWiki) don't by themselves impact the <title> or
<h1> headings.